Physicists and engineers are investigating the fundamental structure of the universe by The European Organization for Nuclear Research, At CERN. They study the basic components of matter, using the world’s largest and most complex scientific instruments. They also study fundamental particles that collide with each other at close to the speed of light. How the particles interact and information about the fundamental laws of natural surroundings, the physicists gain facts all about.
Summer Student Programme Description
A series of IT lectures specially prepared for them by experts from CERN and other institutes, for two full months corresponding to 9 weeks (June-August 2022), CERN openlab summer students will work on an advanced IT project. If they wish Students also have the opportunity to attend the main conferences of CERN’s summer student program. If the pandemic allows, Visits to accelerators and experimental areas as well as visits to external companies are part of the program. At the end of your stay, a short report and presentation on your work and project at CERN is expected.
Summer Student Programme Required Qualifications
You will need to meet the following requirements, to qualify for a place in the program:
- At least three years of full-time study at the university level, you must be bachelor’s or masters (not doctoral) student with a strong computing profile and will have completed, by the summer of 2022. During your stay at CERN you will remain registered as a student. If you hope to graduate during the European summer of 2022 (starting in May), you are also eligible to apply.
- You have not previously worked at CERN with any other state (Technical Student, Trainee, User or other state) for more than 3 months.
- Knowledge of French would be an advantage but you have a good knowledge of English.
- Candidates of all nationalities can apply for this summer student program.
Possible Arrival Dates
- Possible arrival dates are Monday 13th June, 20th June, 27th June or 4th July 2022
Summer Student Programme Required documentation
In PDF format to complete your application, you will need the following documents e.g. “CV”, “Motivation letter”, “Academic record”, etc.:
- A detailed CV.
- A copy of your most recent transcript with an overview of your grades (if you download it from your university portal, make sure there is no protection so we can open it).
- Preferably 2 but at least one reference letter (dated less than 12 months).
How to Apply for CERN Summer Student Programme
The interested candidates must click on apply online.
Deadline: 31st January, 2021
Join Us On: